We have spent over a decade building ELK into an iconic brand with a distinct personality. We are driven by a creative passion and dedication to cultivating a unique brand experience. These qualities are embedded throughout the company and the ELK label is a strengthening influence across a loyal, ever growing customer base. With an established platform and a clear, long-term vision the next phase of the ELK journey is one of significant growth and huge potential. We are excited about the future and to see our plans to cement ELK’s status as an emerging International brand.
To create enduring value through a design philosophy exemplified by stylish, intelligent simplicity, crafted with an artisanal aesthetic. Live a conscious and considered life that creates a positive impact on the local and global community.
ELK, a pioneer of independent Australian design was founded by husband and wife duo Marnie Goding and Adam Koniaras in 2004 in Melbourne, Australia. Founded on a belief in creativity, innovative design and an authentic approach where people are at the heart of every decision.
ELK creates bi-annual collections that are informed by a design ethos where simplicity meets innovation. Seasonal collections typically lean towards natural hues and maximise the use of fine quality raw materials sourced from all over the world.
Beyond their commitment to great design,ELK has a strong ethical foundation. As a family owned and operated business, there is a great respect for all persons that work within and for the business. ELK has garnered a loyal customer base and a global reach that sees ELK collections sold in over 1200 independent retailers across 20 different countries.
ELK has cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Through a creative approach, ELK has created a strong brand identity, and we nurture this quality in others by employing people who share our keen interest in design, our love of nature and simplicity and our commitment to an ethical and sustainable business. Just as each piece in our range is carefully created; we seek out individuals who can bring their own life experience and inspired ideas to our company.
In return, ELK provides employees with a unique work culture. Our culture is open and friendly, which promotes a happy work place. Staff retention is high and many team members have been with the company for long periods of time. Operating in this transparent fashion ensures everyone can be instrumental in helping steer the business towards future opportunities and growth. We live, create and work in a world surrounded by like-minded people, by peers that inspire us and aim to create a positive impact on all those that work with and for us.
We encourage our employees to integrate ELK products into their lives outside of work through offering product discounts, allowing ELK staff to act as brand ambassadors.
We encourage all employees to participate in our Health and Wellbeing Initiative which provides weekly organic local fruit and vegetables, social activities, community and charitable initiatives and health and wellbeing activities.
All employees are kept up to date with our ethical and sustainability drive and are informed about ELK products – from the design process, through the materials used-to craftsmanship and traditional skills utilised in making them– and are confident communicating about ELK to others.
ELK supports employees' involvement in activities outside of work, whether it be to study, artistic pursuits or volunteer work.
Learn the ELK story and meet the group of people that make up ELK.
Content Creator & PR Coordinator
REPORTING TO: Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
Role Description (includes but not exclusive to) -
The role of the Content Creator & PR Coordinator is to capture and communicate the world of ELK in a visual and written form to deliver a consistent, engaging and on-brand tone of voice to share across all relevant channels. The purpose of this role is to amplify the brand story within the local and international marketplace.
As the Content Creator & PR Coordinator you will have a passion for visual storytelling and copywriting combined with an in-depth understanding of social media and PR. This role is responsible for creating a consistent brand narrative and visual content that communicates activities within the ELK Planning Calendar as well as ad hoc opportunities.
Essential to this role is a focus on ensuring all activities align with and promote the ELK brand to build equity, fashionability and audience engagement.
This role will require after hours work in order to capture content at events and activations.
- Understand and implement the ELK brand tone of voice and visual identity to create relevant, engaging written and visual social content across all marketing channels to present a cohesive and aspirational image.
- Demonstrate this understanding through an exemplary level of written expression, consistent visual storytelling and the ability to identify and capture opportunities for content creation.
- Produce compelling written and visual content including but not limited to; social media, website product descriptions, website content, social posts, brochures, sales information, retail & wholesale, long and short video content, presentations, stakeholder interviews, internal communication, EDM campaigns and other content as required.
- Support the marketing, online, retail and wholesale teams in the creation of brand content, social media activations, events, online opportunities and brand activities.
- Represent ELK as a Brand Ambassador and maintain a current database of all PR related contacts.
- Coordinate all PR requests and proactively seek out opportunities and create communication that engages media and increases ELK’s editorial exposure.
- Attend ELK and other relevant events and activations to capture content for social media channels.
Written & Visual Content Creation
- Proactively identify opportunities to showcase the ELK brand & lifestyle by capturing content across all relevant channels.
- Manage the ELK internal photography studio and coordinate all planned and ad hoc photography requirements.
- Working with the Ecommerce Manager and ELK Design Team, write online product descriptions ensuring accuracy, consistency of brand voice and SEO optimisation. Integrate feedback from customers, relevant departments and industry best practise to ensure copy evolves as required.
- Under direction from the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager and Social Media & Marketing Coordinator, create written content for all ELK marketing activities and social posts.
- Work with the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager and Graphic Designer to develop written content that is consistent with and relevant to visual content.
- Ensure brand guidelines and tone of voice are adhered to and applied consistently across all touch points.
- Work with the Ethics and Sustainability Coordinator and other ELK team members as required, to revise copy to align with the ELK brand voice and accuracy is ensured.
- Update and implement ELK approved words, grammar and expressions through management of the ‘ELK Words Checklist’ Google document.
PR Services & Marketing Collateral
- Managing incoming press and wardrobe requests.
- Maintain and update databases for; media, stylist, influencer, friends and family of ELK, and personalities.
- Develop ideas for editorial EDM’s to promote and position ELK designs to media and stylist to help increase awareness and exposure of the ELK offer.
- Organise product samples for social and e-commerce shoots in partnership with the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator and Ecommerce Manager.
- Manage the ELK office PR samples and showroom to maximise local and international media, influencer and social opportunities.
- Organise and distribute PR related collateral including a digital edit of the catalogue and any additional promotional materials.
- Monitor, scan, track and save all media/press coverage.
Marketing Reports & Insights
- In collaboration with the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator, monitor the response to content to proactively evolve content that generates optimal engagement and revenue.
- Contribute PR feedback to the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator reports and recommend ongoing improvements.
- Be aware of any social media, PR and consumer trends and report on new developments, opportunities and competitor activity.
Cross Functional Integration
- Liaise with key areas of the business for brand cohesion and social marketing opportunities.
- Brand enhancing and professional written and visual content that contributes to increased engagement, followers, revenue and online traffic across all relevant channels.
- Consistent, accurate and clear ELK brand narrative across all consumer touch points.
- Measurable increase in the visibility of the ELK story and designs through printed and digital media in the local and international market.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an in depth understanding of brand identity and tone with a demonstrated ability to translate this through the written word and visual imagery to the target audience.
- Natural ability and demonstrated experience creating on brand visuals and storytelling through photography, video capture / editing and social media.
- Experience in the creation of sales focused and ecommerce content in-line with SEO best practices.
- Experience writing social, newsletter and and other external communications.
- Experience working with social analytics and a thorough understanding of business marketing tools used to optimise social media. Knows how to measure performance using analytics.
- Stays abreast of social media trends and developments and knows how to manage social media activity accordingly.
- Takes initiative and has an outgoing and sociable personality.
- Demonstrates a professional and mature manner in representing the ELK brand to media, personalities, stylists and influencers.
- Outgoing and social disposition and comfortable liaising with media, influencers and stylists.
- Passionate about sustainability and ethical practices.
- Possesses good time management, can work quickly and efficiently.
- Two years experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with social analytics and a thorough understanding of business marketing tools used to optimise social media.
- Excellent editing, grammar and spelling with a strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in using Adobe Suite, video editing and photography equipment.
- Experience working with influencers, media and stylists.
- Social and professional disposition.
- Efficient, good listener and communicator with the ability to stay calm and focused.
- A passion for creativity and the written word with a Diploma or Degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, Media and Communications or similar.
Applications close Friday 18th November 2019; enquiries to email@example.com.
Casual Retail Sales Assistant
Melbourne based brand ELK, are looking for experienced Casual Sales Assistants to support a new store in Melbourne’s Eastern suburbs. We have a number of seasonal casual positions available to support us over Christmas.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about providing an exemplary retail customer experience and who have a genuine enthusiasm for being an ELK brand ambassador. In exchange, you will welcomed with warm arms into the ELK family where we provide a unique workplace and some great benefits including product allowance to get you extensively outfitted in ELK product! ELK provides a supportive, nurturing team environment and conducts a thorough and supportive induction and ongoing product training.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has:
- Experience in a retail store environment
- Exceptional customer service skills with the confidence to communicate openly
- A natural ability to relate with others
- The ability to use their own initiative and are happy working both autonomously and as part of a high performing, nurturing and supportive team
We are looking for a team to work shifts throughout the week, limited Thursday and Friday evenings and on weekends including Saturdays and Sundays, with availability to work throughout Christmas.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, titling the email "Casual Sales Assistant" and attaching a copy of your cover letter and resume.
Applications close Friday, 22nd November 2019