We have spent over a decade building ELK into an iconic brand with a distinct personality. We are driven by a creative passion and dedication to cultivating a unique brand experience. These qualities are embedded throughout the company and the ELK label is a strengthening influence across a loyal, ever growing customer base. With an established platform and a clear, long-term vision the next phase of the ELK journey is one of significant growth and huge potential. We are excited about the future and to see our plans to cement ELK’s status as an emerging International brand.
To create enduring value through a design philosophy exemplified by stylish, intelligent simplicity, crafted with an artisanal aesthetic. Live a conscious and considered life that creates a positive impact on the local and global community.
ELK, a pioneer of independent Australian design was founded by husband and wife duo Marnie Goding and Adam Koniaras in 2004 in Melbourne, Australia. Founded on a belief in creativity, innovative design and an authentic approach where people are at the heart of every decision.
ELK creates bi-annual collections that are informed by a design ethos where simplicity meets innovation. Seasonal collections typically lean towards natural hues and maximise the use of fine quality raw materials sourced from all over the world.
Beyond their commitment to great design, ELK has a strong ethical foundation. As a family owned and operated business, there is a great respect for all persons that work within and for the business. ELK has garnered a loyal customer base and a global reach that sees ELK collections sold in over 1200 independent retailers across 20 different countries.
ELK has cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Through a creative approach, ELK has created a strong brand identity, and we nurture this quality in others by employing people who share our keen interest in design, our love of nature and simplicity and our commitment to an ethical and sustainable business. Just as each piece in our range is carefully created; we seek out individuals who can bring their own life experience and inspired ideas to our company.
In return, ELK provides employees with a unique work culture. Our culture is open and friendly, which promotes a happy work place. Staff retention is high and many team members have been with the company for long periods of time. Operating in this transparent fashion ensures everyone can be instrumental in helping steer the business towards future opportunities and growth. We live, create and work in a world surrounded by like-minded people, by peers that inspire us and aim to create a positive impact on all those that work with and for us.
We encourage our employees to integrate ELK products into their lives outside of work through offering product discounts, allowing ELK staff to act as brand ambassadors.
We encourage all employees to participate in our Health and Wellbeing Initiative which provides weekly organic local fruit and vegetables, social activities, community and charitable initiatives and health and wellbeing activities.
All employees are kept up to date with our ethical and sustainability drive and are informed about ELK products – from the design process, through the materials used-to craftsmanship and traditional skills utilised in making them– and are confident communicating about ELK to others.
ELK supports employees' involvement in activities outside of work, whether it be to study, artistic pursuits or volunteer work.
Learn the ELK story and meet the group of people that make up ELK.
Social Media and Marketing Coordinator
POSITION: Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
REPORTING TO: Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
The role of the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator is to manage the social media presence of ELK across key platforms and assist the marketing and digital activities in both the local and international markets across all ELK brand channels encompassing; online, social, PR, retail and wholesale.
The role is required to continuously liaise with internal and external parties to ensure the appropriate projection of the brand. As an ELK brand ambassador, key to this role is ensuring that all marketing collateral enhances the brand image, is optimised for growth and creates a cohesive and engaging brand story.
Your daily responsibility will involve working across all areas of the business to coordinate and optimise the workflow and on time delivery of engaging and tailored content, events, promotions and communication, fit for purpose and audience. Key to your role is a team focused approach, an organised process, a passion for consumer behaviour and digital innovation.
Social Media & Content Production
• Working with the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, coordinate the daily activation of marketing activities and seasonal campaigns on ELK digital, retail and wholesale channels.
• Utilise digital and traditional channels to optimise audience engagement and track results on a daily basis.
• Schedule, post and advertise content to the appropriate channel and audience and report on outcomes and insights.
• Work with the Graphic Designer and Content Writer & Creator to coordinate and schedule brand content.
• As required, create on-brand, accurate and engaging copywriting.
• Coordinate the development and distribution of all marketing related materials and tools required to support marketing activities.
• Ensure all activities are on-brand and reviewed by the Senior Marketing &
Communications Manager and are approved by the Creative Director prior to launching into the market.
Brand, Retail & Wholesale Event Marketing
• Establish a strong relationship with the ELK sales/wholesale, planning, online and retail teams to understand their marketing needs and integrate into daily workflow and output.
• Work with the Retail Event Planner to execute the marketing promotion of all retail related events across ELK retail, wholesale and third parties.
• For all brand events, take the lead in coordinating the end-to-end workflow including organisation, execution and promotion.
PR, Media & Influencers
• Manage the ELK office PR samples to maximise local media, influencer and social media opportunities.
• Provide the PR Agency with their seasonal PR samples and related collateral including a digital edit of the catalogue and any additional promotional materials.
• Liaise with the PR Agency to ensure they are using and working with the ELK Marketing & Trade Calendar and Communication Planner.
• Coordinate and fulfil media and influencer requests.
• Ensure the product tracker is filled out for all requests and samples are returned and required payments reconciled.
• Organise product samples for social and ecommerce shoots under direction from the Visual Merchandise Manager, Ecommerce Manager and Graphic Designer.
• Working with the Visual Merchandise Manager, prepare products at the ecommerce shoot to ensure all product is packed up and arrives at the studio and is set up ready for shooting.
• Ensure product is returned to ELK HQ and reconciled upon shoot completion.
• Support the Ecommerce Manager by uploading written and visual content to the ELK website throughout the season.
• Work with the Content Creator to coordinate Blog content and upload as required.
• Update the marketing budget invoice tracker and organise payments with the accounts team.
• Share with the accounts team monthly billing information from social media expenses.
• Under direction from the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, manage the social media advertising budget and deliver efficient return on investment.
• Increased engagement, followers, social revenue and online traffic.
• On time delivery of brand-enhancing content into the market place that maximises sales and brand equity.
• Exceptional attention to detail and copywriting that clearly communicates the ELK brand image and marketing goals.
• Consistent and clear brand narrative across all consumer touch points.
• Organised workflow, clear and concise filing of content and clear and efficient processes.
• Proactively communicate and implement new social media and digital knowledge to ensure ELK stays ahead of the curve.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A love of consumer marketing, creative ideas and bringing campaigns to life.
• Proactively researches and stays up to date with social media trends and developments with the skills to manage social media activity accordingly.
• Interested in sustainability and ethical practices.
• Two to four years’ experience in a marketing, communications or an advertising role preferably in fashion.
• A Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Media, Communications or similar.
• Experience in social media content coordination, advertising and reporting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Organised, efficient, process driven and skilled in time management with the ability to work calmly, quickly and efficiently whilst handling multiple projects with varying deadlines.
• Takes initiative and has an outgoing and sociable personality.
• High level of attention to detail
To apply for this role please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Social Media & Marketing Coordinator.
People and Culture Manager
POSITION: Part-Time (3 days) People and Culture Manager
REPORTING TO: Chief Operating Officer
Who is ELK?
ELK was founded on a belief in creativity, innovative design and an authentic approach where people are at the heart of every decision. ELK creates bi-annual collections that are informed by a design ethos where simplicity meets innovation.
ELK has a strong ethical foundation. ELK has garnered a loyal customer base and a global reach that sees ELK collections sold in over 1200 independent retailers across 20 different countries.
We are looking for a genuine, approachable and experienced individual to be our People and Culture Manager. As part of our management team, this person is vital to helping our people feel informed, respected and empowered. The role encompasses all HR components, from recruitment, talent mapping, compliance and reviews, to the motivation and wellbeing of the team. And we’re always changing, so you’ll have new policies, training and facilitation to manage. The role works across our head office, stores and warehouse teams and as a standalone position, there will be administrative duties required.
We seek common values in everyone that joins the ELK family and look to only work with like-minded people. We know that as a fashion brand the products we create have an impact on the environment and this role will build strategies to involve our teams in our ethical and environmental impact journey.
Expertly recruit new people.
End to end talent acquisition, from developing job descriptions, sourcing candidates, managing external partners, conducting and co-coordinating interviews, onboarding and offboarding.
Create a HR framework so our teams are informed and in touch however long they have been with ELK - induction information, getting to know the team, touch bases, tools to manage their day to day HR needs at ELK.
Develop and support our team.
Work closely with the COO to link HR initiatives to the ELK strategic goals, building future business team frameworks
Proactively work with the business to document the organisational change and updates we will continually implement and make sure all teams are comfortable and informed
Working hands on with managers through the annual HR cycle - performance reviews, remuneration and skill development
Build trust within the team, providing advice and support to colleagues on any employee relations issues
Keep yourself up to speed on changes in all employment law including awards and related regulations
Implement and update OH&S training and induction to maintain a safe workplace.
Nurture the ELK Culture.
Develop a team engagement strategy that reflects the ELK culture that we have worked so hard to develop
Deliver a calendar of enjoyable and meaningful team get-togethers and initiatives that reflect our focus on ethics and the environment
Create and deliver relevant company-wide communication that keeps the team informed and motivated
Maintain our flexible work place, suggesting better ways to support a work-life balance
Encourage connections across teams and locations and make sure team members have a cohesive experience wherever they’re located.
What will you bring to this role?
Tertiary qualifications in HR or a related field, coupled with technical ability gleaned from 3 – 5 years’ senior experience in similar HR management positions, preferably in a growing or transforming business
This role works autonomously so self-motivation is paramount.
Willingness to deliver outcomes and meet our strategic goals
Professionalism and a hands-on approach, preferring to work with our team than sit behind a desk
A huge respect for people and their talents and an ability to help them be the best version of themselves
A commitment to ELKs journey, striving to always choose the most ethical pathways with the lightest impact on the environment.
A drive to facilitate skill development within the team
Creativity to always think about how we can do things better.
To apply for this role please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject title People and Culture Manager. Applications close 6th May.