Terms & Conditions | Win a Tasmanian Adventure
Terms and Conditions
ELK – Tourism Tasmania Competition 2020
*As a condition of entry you are required to subscribe to the ELK database. New subscribers, who have not previously signed up to the ELK database, will receive an email within 10 days of the competition end date, that details a 10% OFF coupon code as their reward for subscribing. This can be redeemed on your next ELK purchase. The code will expire within 7 days after it is received in your inbox.
1. Competition Win a Tasmanian Adventure with ELK in 2021!
2. Competition Forum @elkthelabel and au.elkthelabel.com and nz.elkthelabel.com
3. Competition Period Begins Wednesday 19th of August – Ends Monday 31st of August 5.00 PM AEST
4. Eligible Entrants
- Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years and over.
5. Ineligible Entrants
- Directors, management, officers, employees and contractors of the Promoter and associated agencies, retailers, suppliers and companies, and their immediate families.
- For the purposes of this clause, "immediate families" includes his or her spouse, exspouse, de-facto spouse, child, step child, adopted child, parent, step-parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, siblings, step-siblings, or first cousin, whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manager, officer, employee or contractor.
6. How to Enter
- Enter via Competition form that can be found here: https://au.elkthelabel.com/pages/win-a-tasmanian-experience-with-elk for AUS residents and https://nz.elkthelabel.com/pages/win-a-tasmanian-adventure for NZ residents.
- To be eligible to win, all entrants must be signed up as a subscriber to the ELK database.
- Additional entries can be obtained through the competition form found at https://au.elkthelabel.com/pages/win-a-tasmanian-experience-with-elk and https://nz.elkthelabel.com/pages/win-a-tasmanian-adventure by visiting on Facebook, Instagram and Referring a Friend.
- Any costs associated with entering this Competition are the responsibility of each Entrant.
7. Limits of Entry
- Entrant may only enter once using the competition form. Additional entries can be obtained through the competition form found at https://au.elkthelabel.com/pages/win-a-tasmanian-experience-with-elk and https://nz.elkthelabel.com/pages/win-a-tasmanian-adventure by visiting on Facebook, Instagram and Referring a Friend.
- Once submitted, no changes to or withdrawal of an Entry will be permitted.
- Any Entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party, or otherwise by proxy, will be invalid.
- An Entry must not be late, incomplete or incomprehensible or contain any content that infringes the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any person or is unlawful, obscene, offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, libelous, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate, or capable of violating any law or giving rise to any civil liability
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter and not the time of transmission by the Entrant.
8. Judging Criteria
Game of Skill
- Two winning Entries (one belonging to an Australian Resident and one belonging to a New Zealand Resident), two second-prize winners (one being an Australian Resident and one being a New Zealand Resident) and two third-prize winners (one being an Australian Resident and one being a New Zealand Resident), will be selected based on creativity, literary merit and originality (each a “Winning Entry”).
- This Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Winners.
9. Prize Draw
- Judging of all valid Entries received within the Competition Period will be conducted by a panel of judges from ELK on Friday 4th of September 12:00 PM AEDST and the winners will be notified by Monday 7th of September 5.00 PM AEDST
10. Prize Details
- The Grand Prize will be awarded to ONE Australian resident and is valid for two people and ONE New Zealand resident and is valid for two people.
- The x 2 Entrants who submit the Winning Entries (each a “Winner”) will win:
Two return economy flights from the winners nearest capital city to Launceston to the maximum value of $AUD2,000.00
Two nights accommodation for two at Ship Inn Stanley (2 nights) valued at $AUD380.00
One nights accommodation at Novo Luxury Apartment in Penguin valued at $AUD350.00
Provenance Cooking School and dining experience in Stanley valued at $AUD730.00
Truffledore Hunt & Harvest Tour in Barrington valued at $AUD450.00
Ghost Rock Vineyard Platter and Wine Tasting (2 people) in Port Sorell valued at $AUD200.00
Lunch for two and Tassie Gourmet Hamper from Tasmanian Food and Wine Conservatory in Sassafras valued at $300.00
Southern Wild Distillery Gin Tasting in Devonport valued at $AUD400.00
Four day car hire from Launceston to the maximum value of $AUD190.00
ELK Gift Voucher valued at $AUD500.00
The value of this Prize is $AUD5,000.00
Detailed list of Grand Prize Values can be seen in the Appendix.
- We recommend the winner obtains appropriate travel insurance.
- Spending money, additional meals, insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included and are the responsibility of the winner.
- All components of the prize must be taken together or otherwise are deemed to be forfeited. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behaviour, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. No prize is able to be exchanged in cash or kind. No prize is transferable.
- Prize must be taken between 01/06/2021 and 31/08/2021 and is subject to booking and flight availability (blackout periods may apply). The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
- Winner will be contacted by Monday 7th of September 5.00 PM AEST to discuss travel details and organise their prize fulfillment.
- Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter (Tourism Tasmania) in agreement with the winner but in the event an agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
- A $300 ELK Gift Voucher
- The value of this Prize is AUD$300 for Australian Residents and NZD $300 for New Zealand Residents.
- A $150 ELK Gift Voucher
- The value of this Prize is AUD$150 for Australian Residents and NZD$150 for New Zealand Residents.
(each a “Prize”).
11. Notification of Winners
- The Winners will be notified via provided email by 5.00 PM AEDST on Monday 7th of September and will be directed to email the Promoter with any details required to deliver the Prize.
- Winners will be announced on ELK Social media channels. As a condition of entry, the winners agree to have their name published on ELK Social media as the Prize Winners.
- The Promoter will take no responsibility if a Winner's details are incorrect or incomplete and the Winner cannot be contacted.
12. Second Chance Draw
- The Promoter reserves the right to appoint a new winner if a Winner cannot be contacted within 72 hours or if the Prize cannot be redeemed by a Winner.
- This new winner will be appointed by conducting a second judging of the Entries, such judging to take place in the same manner as the initial judging on a date to be determined by the Promoter.
13. Permit Numbers
- Not applicable
395 Plenty Road, Preston, 3072, Victoria, Australia
ABN 15 131 200 738
15. Prize Limitations
- The Prize is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash. The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be paid if a Winner is unable to use the Prize. In the event the Prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a Prize, or element of it, of equal or greater value.
- The Prize must be taken between 01/06/2021 and 31/08/2021. The Prize must be booked Tourism Tasmania’s Experience Team in.
- The Winners must be ready, willing and able to receive and/or participate in the Prize as required by these terms and conditions.
- All travel and service bookings for the Prize are subject to availability and the Promoter will not be held responsible for any unavailability. Travel arrangements are subject to the terms of the Promoter or its assigned representatives and may be dependent on select seat classes with airlines or specific room category availability with the accommodation partner. If any booking is unavailable on the proposed dates, the Promoter may at its discretion consult with the Winner to determine alternative dates. If the Winner (for whatever reason) is unable to take an element of the Prize on the date stipulated by the Promoter (or an alternative date agreed between the Promoter and the Winner) then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be rewarded in lieu of the Prize.
- All applicable taxes (excluding GST) and surcharges and all additional and ancillary costs involved, including excess baggage, visas, valid passports, spending money, meals, items of a personal nature, in-room charges (including but not limited to room service, telephone calls and internet usage), insurance and any applicable insurance excesses and any other ancillary costs not listed above are the responsibility of the Winner as incurred. Any additional charges from the hotel must be settled prior to departure. Travel insurance is also not included.
- The Winners must participate in the Prize personally.
- The Winners are responsible for ensuring their companion/s comply with all terms relating to the Prize.
- In relation to the ELK Gift Voucher Prize elements, the Prize will only be valid and able to be redeemed within 3 years from the date of the Prize being issued, as specified on the gift card/voucher and may only be redeemed in accordance with the Promoter’s standard terms and conditions relating to gift cards/vouchers. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any gift card/voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
- The Winners and their companion/s must comply with:
A). any conditions of entry imposed by all competition prize venues, including (but not limited to) compliance with any dress codes, possession of prohibited items and intoxication regulations; and
B). all rules and regulations imposed by all competition prize venues, including photography restrictions and no smoking rules.
16. Additional terms – [Facebook and Instagram]
- Entrants release Facebook and Instagram and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Competition. This competition is in no way an affiliation of Instagram and Facebook.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a Winner (including photograph, film, file and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any goods or services provided by the Promoter.
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant consents to receipt of information (including via post, phone, email and SMS) regarding the Competition and other emails or communications which inform the Entrant of the Promoter’s other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services the Entrant may be interested in. The Promoter may continue to provide the Entrant with this information for an indefinite period unless and until advised otherwise by the Entrant.
18. Australian Consumer Law
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained as a result of accepting and/or using a Prize in relation to the promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Any prize supplied by a third party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party supplier. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the conduct of any third party supplier or otherwise as a result of the winner accepting and/or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If in the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter is liable for a breach of any guarantee, warranty, condition or other term that applies under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or is implied by any other commonwealth, state or territory law that cannot be excluded, the Promoter’s liability under that legislation is limited, to the extent permitted by law, to the cost of replacement of any benefit or prize won.
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to the prize.
- This Competition, or any aspect of it, may be changed or withdrawn by the Promoter at any time without prior notification.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage the Promoter's promotional website or the information on the website, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
- Any provision in these terms and conditions which is invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is to be read down for the purpose of that jurisdiction, if possible, so as to be valid and enforceable, and otherwise must be severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability, without affecting the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions or affecting the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and are to be construed in accordance with, the laws enforceable in Victoria, Australia. Each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction in Victoria, Australia and any court hearing appeals from those courts